Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What day is this??


I have lost count of what day in the studio this is.... driving back to OBX for weekend engagements has made this a looong process & tiresome BUT never the less an endurance test that is almost done yet just the prelude to my upcoming summer season! The blessing and gift column always out weighs the other side... last week (Friday) we had breakfast with a friend from the past, Lisa Chapman. In conversation Lisa mentioned she had a cabin on a lake she'd like us to stay at the next time we were coming to town. That time of course was this week so we are staying on 1500+ acres in a cabin on a lake in the middle of nowhere. I was in the boat & on the water within 10 minutes of unloading the car. I am in heaven, thank you GOD! (& thank you Lisa!) A pair of geese met us & literally gave us the grand tour of the lake... introducing us along the way to the bass, turtles and water fowl.... it is beyond beautiful.... ahhhh



Back to the studio: we finished all the back up vocals today. Again a wonderful experience being surrounded by in-spirit, talented & good humored sisters and brothers...what a high! It's exhilarating to say the least...

On the home front, 2-3 days before leaving for Nashville (the first week) I noticed a pair of cardinals outside my office window frantically flying in and around a tree. When I got home that weekend they had started gathering nesting materials. When I returned the nest was done and upon leaving Sunday mama was sitting on eggs. Now I didn't plan this cd project and I certainly didn't time it in sync with the nesting cycle of a pair of cardinals. Some would not pay any attention to this so called "coincidence" but I don't believe in coincidences and find it interesting that my new cd is going to "hatch" in conjunction with the eggs being incubated outside my office window.... I'm sure there is a deeper meaning to it all, but I'm so brain dead right now I haven't figured it out so if anyone who is reading this gets it, email me please.... thanks!

We'll be mixing for the next 3 days and then some. I'm back in OBX for Memorial Day weekend and then back in Nashville to finish up the project... see you at the beach! ~k

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a short message for Kim: I just found your great website. Want you to know I think the gray becomes you. Love your I'm Not Alone. Kindest regards, Tom Holderness, Sarasota