Tuesday, January 12, 2010

the making of a CD: Nashville day 1

We left Sunday afternoon 3pmish...it was cold in the Outer Banks but when we hit the mountains between NC and TN all was put into perspective: it went down to 6 degrees...our dogs, Hogan & Jackson were in the back of the truck almost frozen by the time we got to the hotel (3:30AM). They are resting peacefully in the hotel...

I got about 5 hours of sleep, we hit the studio Monday 2pm...thank you for your prayers Connie D. and all who are continuing to pray for this CD...we got 5 songs recorded by 9pm...that's awesome! I'm going for 6 today...trying to get all my vocals done BEFORE the back up vocalists come in Wed-Fri...so I'm balancing coffee & water, light foods and lots of positive energy! The title track has yet to be decided...we'll know by the end of the week...life is good...God is gooder!!

Wedding Expo:
Saturday was the wedding tour: part of the Outer Banks Wedding Association's Expo weekend. I'm a member of the association so I sang at a house in Nag Head from 10am-12noon visited by many brides-to-be as a potential rental house for their special day...1-3pm I was at the Good Life Gourmet where Susie & Steve Mace (owners) entertained brides-to-be regarding food & cakes, & Doug from Outer Banks Productions showed videos of his past work and offered package deals. That evening we were all at The Point Grill (Golf Club) in Powells Point for a mock wedding & reception: thank you to my fellow musician buds for making it a great evening - Leslie Buck (guitar & vocals) , Leslie Erickson (strings), Steve the Dream (DJ) & Mike from Outer Banks DJ and Sue Artz (violin). The bands were set up in the tent which I didn't even get to! The evening was well attended and our food vendors did a yummy job....love those crab cakes Scott (Coastal Provisions)!!
10AM I'm off to the studio....

No comments: