Monday, April 30, 2012

wireless connections...

One morning last week I started out on my morning walk to the beach with my 4 legged fury walking buddies , Winston & Jake...
We got started earlier than usual and met some neighbors along the way so it took us longer than usual. As we crossed the bypass, my friend Nellie, was turning the corner with a gentleman she was walking with.  As I yelled hello, he went down - down flat and hard.  Nellie acted quickly, he sat up... he went down again - she started CPR, I called 911 which was all I could do with 2 dogs at my side.  While on the phone with 911, police, drive bys & eventually the ambulance all arrived.  Three people, including Nellie, rotated administering CPR.  It did not look good for the man.  All I could do was pray - I was frozen in time: I couldn't move, I couldn't get off the phone because 911 dispatcher told me to stay on until the ambulance arrived, I couldn't physically help.  I finally left the scene almost in tears over what I just witnessed, went to the beach & prayed more...and everyone who asked what happened as I passed I answered "say a prayer" - not just for the man in need, but for all who were helping.

 I saw Nellie at church yesterday who said the man, Thomas, is fine - he had a stent put in.  Everyone involved did a great job & acted without hesitation, including those I asked to pray.  Maybe it wasn't Thomas's time, maybe it was just to bring those who were there together for whatever reason...

 I had no clue until yesterday that Nellie didn't have her cell phone with her that morning - thank God I did...but with or without our cell phones, we obviously had the best wireless connection on the beach that morning - good thing for Thomas the lines were open.

No comments: